Free Business Listing on Yahoo – A Primer
Local SEO helps your business stand out when it comes to getting traffic from search engines. Local listings show at the top of search results pages so you need to be there or your competitors may get a jump on you. Also, having business listings builds authority with the search engines and can help your website rankings.
Most people think of Google first, then Bing, but shouldn’t forget Yahoo. Despite its current business difficulties, 1 out of 8 internet searches in the United States are done using Yahoo. This makes it important for your business to be listed there.
There have been a number of changes at Yahoo and currently local business listings are managed by Yext. While the various changes have generated a good deal of confusion, it is still possible to get a free business listing on Yahoo.
Here is how you can claim a free local business listing on Yahoo:
- Go to this link – https://www.yext.com/pl/yahoo-claims/index.html
- Enter your business information so that your listing may be found. Click “Find my Listing”
- Click the “Continue” button
- Update your business information. Make sure your name, address, and phone number are correct and consistent with what may be found on other directory listings. Click “Continue”.
- You will see a screen with various paid plan options. If you want to buy a pan you can do so here, but if you want the free listing at the bottom left of the page you will find an itty bitty link that says “Claim your Basic Listing only on Yahoo”. Click that link and you’ll be taken to the Basic Listing Checkout page.
- After completing the checkout click “Place Order”.
- You will then have to verify your email address when Yext sends you an e-mail. Here you will click the link that they send you and create a password and can login to your account.
- You will now need to verify your listing. The easiest and quickest way it so get a phone call with a code you will enter.
This should complete the process!